What to expect after Laser Vision Correction treatment
- Recovery Period: The initial recovery period varies depending on the type of surgery. LASIK often has a quicker recovery compared to PRK or LASEK. Most people experience improved vision within a day or two.
- Discomfort: Some discomfort, such as dryness, itching, and a gritty sensation, is common in the first few days after surgery. Your doctor may prescribe eye drops to help manage these symptoms.
- Follow-up Appointments: Regular follow-up appointments with your eye surgeon are crucial to monitor your progress and address any concerns.
- Visual Improvement: Vision may continue to improve over several weeks, and it’s essential to follow all post-operative care instructions provided by your surgeon.
- Possible Side Effects: While complications are rare, possible side effects include dry eyes, glare, halos, and difficulty with night vision. Most of these side effects improve over time.
It’s important to note that individual experiences with laser vision correction can vary, and it’s crucial to consult with an experienced eye surgeon to determine if you are a suitable candidate and to discuss potential risks and benefits based on your specific situation.
To assess your suitability, we welcome you to visit us for a FREE consultation.
Usually this takes half an hour after which you will have better knowledge as to:
- What laser vision correction is
- How it works
- What is the best option for you